An Adventurer’s Fall Bucket List: Algonquin Park Edition
The most enjoyable way to plan for autumn’s inevitable, long-awaited arrival is to craft a lengthy fall bucket list, complete with ample outdoor recreation and “leaf-peeping.” There are dozens of ways to observe the many colours of autumn in Canada’s most populated province, such as hiking, canoeing, and apple picking. However, nothing tops a remote, deep-forested excursion into Algonquin Provincial Park. The scenic, three-hour drive from Toronto to Algonquin Eco-Lodge’s backcountry property is equally picturesque and calming. The Eco-Lodge is so remote that guests must embark on a 2.3-kilometre autumn woods stroll before reaching the property, which features a pristine, 30-acre lake.
15 Fall Bucket List Ideas: Greet Autumn at the Eco-Lodge
Compiling a fall bucket list for couples and families alike comes naturally here at the Eco-Lodge, mainly because we’re literally steps from seemingly unending backwoods adventures. A visit to our eco-friendly Algonquin “resort” is just as much about getting in touch with nature as it is about promoting sustainability. Our European-style lodge uses 100 percent micro-hydro electricity. “Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints” is a motto of ours. And autumn just happens to be one of our favourite seasons. The surrounding forestry transforms from various hues of green into a colourful meld of marigold, amber, crimson, and kelly. Hopefully, this handy fall bucket list gives you a “taste” of what autumn looks like at Algonquin Eco-Lodge.
- Trek through the wilderness on horseback
- Try geocaching in Algonquin Provincial Park
- Embark on a multi-day canoe trip
- Go on a lengthy fall drive on Frank McDougall Parkway (Highway 60)
- Host a bonfire (stargazing, roasted marshmallows, and ghost stories encouraged)
- “Snap” the perfect fall foliage photograph
- Venture into the dense autumn woods on a hiking expedition
- Savour a pumpkin ale (or Oktoberfest lager) from Boshkung Brewing Co.
- Grab a pair of binoculars and give birding (or “birdwatching”) a try
- Admire the foliage while soaking in our outdoor hot tub
- Plan a picnic near a still, mirroring lake
- Toss the pigskin around
- Volunteer during an autumn-flavoured “working holiday”
- Visit the Haliburton County Farmers’ Market
- Craft a yummy, spicy fall drink
Algonquin Park Accommodations | Fall Getaways in Ontario
Start and finish each day of autumnal exploration at Algonquin Eco-Lodge, a quintessential adventure-focused, carbon-neutral basecamp. Instead of blindly searching for an “eco-hotel near me,” simply bookmark our secluded slice of Algonquin paradise. We’re ideally located along the southern rim of the park, less than three hours from Toronto and a short drive from several Muskoka attractions. We hope that you keep this fall bucket list handy as summer subtly shifts to autumn. Remember: Autumn comes and goes in a flash. Book directly today at 905-471-9453 to avoid hidden, third-party fees and secure a spot during our most colourful dates.